Friday 16 September 2011

Roots...

Roots, they are there to remind us where we came from. To remind us of how much we have grown. To remind us of how small and insignificant we started out as. To remind us of what we should be true to. Roots are dusty, bitten into, straggly, chaotic, horrible things that are the life line to the beautiful oak that stands tall reaching the clouds above.

I used to always write like this. I recently read all my old poetry, notes, journals, songs. Just to refresh myself of how much I have grown, where I have come from, to remind me what I should be true to. They are my roots.

It is in my roots and my upbringing that you should always strive to be you and if that means that you are the multi coloured jacket hanging on the rail like in the picture above... well that is ok!! Who says you should be like the rest of the boring standard suit jackets that people put on every day without a second thought. If you are who you are then who are they to judge.

If you think I am fake, it is because your perception of real is misguided. If you think I am two faced it is because you do not understand both sides of my personality. If you think I distanced myself from you for no reason, it is because you failed to be there for me when you said you would be. If you think I am pathetic it is because you are too wrapped up in your own world to realize that I am simply protecting mine. If you believe I am small minded you have simply not taken enough time to get to know how my mind thinks, works and reacts.

After all is said and done, you have helped me remember my roots, what I was put here for. To write, to be REAL. You reminded me that it does not matter whose opinions people hear and what the Chinese whispers say. In the words of Jessie J.... "whose laughing now"


I am blessed beyond words to be working with Soulshaker and really excited about the pending release due in the next few months. That is what is real to me. That is what I get up in a morning for. The intense unshakable feeling of success.




Elle xo

No comments:

Post a Comment